"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
HRV - HEART RATE VARIABILITY
Provides a quick, non-invasive way to gauge general health condition via HRV
- Shows the amount of stress going on in the body and how well the body is adapting to that stress
- Shows you your starting point
- Before & after scans reveal impact of therapy
- Helps the practitioner to adjust therapy if needed
- Helps clients see changes even if they can’t feel them yet
- Allows practitioners to easily track health changes over time
- Helps you know when to push harder or when to pull back in your therapy
What is Heart Rate Variability (HRV)?
Heart Rate Variability (HRV) is the physiological phenomenon of variation in the time interval between heart beats. It is measured by the variation in the beat to beat intervals. We call this the time domain. A healthy heart rate variability is reflected by variation in the time domain between successive heart beats, providing the body optimal resistance to life's changes. This would indicate a very robust autonomic nervous system. Someone with less variation between one heart beat to the next has low heart rate variability and indicates decreased autonomic nervous system regulation. The importance of Heart Rate Variability is that it is controlled by the autonomic nervous system and therefore is a window into its function. The autonomic nervous system automatically influences the visceral organs, smooth muscle such as the blood vessels, glands and is a major influence on the heart. There are 2 branches to the autonomic nervous system, the Sympathetic nervous system and the Parasympathetic nervous system. The Sympathetic nervous system deals with stress situations and is referred to as the fight or flight system and is triggered by any stress such as conscious or unconscious psychoemotional stress, toxins and electromagnetic influences. The opposite is the Parasympathetic nervous system and is referred to as the rest and digest system.
Contact us today for your HRV Assessment